How To Stop Farting So Much Without Medicine?
When you fart a little too much, you’re not the only person getting affected by it. People around you also have to suffer, isn’t that right? The condition is known as flatulence. Excessive farting can be a big and very embarrassing problem.
It can disrupt our professional and personal life. Because who likes being around someone who just can’t stop farting, right? And since bad odor and that unpleasant sound are more often than not accompanied by a fart, it becomes even harder to be around such a person.
So if you know what I’m talking about, then it’s about time to figure out how to stop farting.
Many ways can help reduce and even prevent the condition of flatulence. So let’s talk about that below. But before we get into the remedies, let me first explain what the condition is and how is it caused.
What is Flatulence?
Farting or the condition of flatulence needs to be explained right from the beginning. The food that we eat enters the stomach for breakdown and then enters the small intestine for digestion.
In the small intestine, the food breaks down further. The particles of food that don’t break down or don’t get digested travel to the large intestine. From the large intestine, the undigested or unbroken food particles turn into solid and liquid waste. And this waste is passed out of your body through the anus.
Farts or the condition of flatulence is the result of the food particles turning into solid waste and getting separated in the large intestine. The breakdown of food in the large intestine generates gas and this gas comes out of your body in the form of farts. (Fart facts)
What are the Causes of Excessive Farting?
In order to stop farting so much, you must know why you’re farting so much in the first place. So here are some possible causes of flatulence:
- Excessive buildup of gas tends to mess with your intestinal bacteria. This gas is usually the outcome of consuming foods like potatoes, spices, dairy, beans, meat, cabbage, and bread.
- Lactose intolerance is also one of the most common causes of flatulence. The presence of lactose ferments in the stomach causes too much gas accumulation.
- A lot of bacteria in the colon can break down the particles of food. And this leads to the formation of excessive intestinal gas.
- Smoking is also one of the most common causes of flatulence. The extra air that you take in while smoking gets trapped in the stomach or the esophagus. This results in gas building up in the intestines, which passes out from the body in the form of farts.
- Not eating healthy is a universal cause of each and every physical problem we have in life (11 surprising elements that you give you gas). When we don’t have a healthy diet, our digestive system goes for a toss. And when that happens, we develop a weak digestive system that causes excessive farting.
Flatulence Explained Medical Course
How to Stop Farting so Much?
The only way that you can stop farting excessively is by learning how to control the gas from ripping. And I don’t mean controlling it. I mean preventing it. So this is how you can achieve that.
1. Avoid Consuming Excessive Sugar
Do you know what sugar does in your intestine? It breaks down particles of food more quickly. And when more food is being broken down in the intestines, more gas is being generated. This includes lactose, sorbitol, and fructose.
2. Reduce the Intake of Carbonated Beverages
Carbonated drinks, beer, soda, and the like fill up your intestine with excessive air. And the only way this air is going to leave your system is in the form of farts.
3. Reduce the Intake of Starches
What starches do we typically consume? Rice, potatoes, noodles, and wheat. Comparatively, rice grains are carbohydrates that can be easily digested. On the other hand, wheat, potatoes, and noodles have grains that are tough to digest. So when you’re suffering from flatulence, it’s better to consume rice than the other grains that I’ve mentioned.
4. Say No to Smoking and Chewing Gum
The activity of chewing gum and smoking requires you to take in more air than you should, right? And by now we all know what happens when there is excessive air in your intestines. (Best way to inhale when you’re exercising)
5. Correct Your Diet
Having a healthy diet ensures that your body is receiving an adequate supply of vitamins, minerals, proteins, calcium, and other beneficial nutrients. And do you know what this does? It improves your digestion. A healthy digestive system goes a long way in reducing the farting problem.
3 Yoga Poses for Digestion & Bloating
How to Stop Farting? Home Remedy
There are certain preventive measures that you can take at home if you want to stop farting.
- Have some fruits and a glass of milk in the morning. It helps in keeping the alkaline level of your stomach in check.
- Make sure that you eat on time. Don’t keep too long or too short a gap between your meals.
- Incorporate the intake of herbal tea in your diet. It helps in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
- The most natural way of controlling flatulence is consuming lots of water. You will find a considerable decline in your farts as soon as you start drinking more water.
- Do you know what the best way is to lower gas problems? Having a glass of warm water with some lime juice before every meal.
- Whatever you do, avoid delaying or controlling your bowel movements. Regular bowel movements help in maintaining a healthy digestive system.
How to Stop Farting in Your Sleep?
Many people suffer from flatulence in their sleep. That means farting excessively while sleeping. The good news is that you can prevent this, even if you’re not awake to face the embarrassment. Just think of the person sleeping with you on the bed or in the same room.
- Place a pillow between the legs. This prevents the air from coming out freely.
- Avoid consuming carbonated drinks before sleeping.
- Sleeping on the stomach can cause pressure buildup in that region. Plus, your bottom is exposed to the air around you. So make sure that you sleep on your back or sideways.
You don’t need to be a doctor to know what’s causing the farts to come out so rapidly. If you don’t look after your health as you should, then the problem can be cured without any medical assistance.
So it doesn’t matter that you fart so much, there are many ways in which you can learn how to stop farting. Reducing or preventing the condition of flatulence from developing or increasing can save you a lot of embarrassment in public. And more importantly, it helps in keeping your body, from the inside, healthy and happy at all times.